Yet Another Sign of the Apocalypse

For those like me who read the news and discover that the most important questions go unasked . . . which is ok, since most of us wouldn't understand the answers anyway.

Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

I'm the host of The David Boze show on Seattle's Rush Limbaugh station Talk 770 KTTH. I grew up in rural Snohomish County (Stanwood)and have lived here all my life with the exception of my time with Hillsdale College. I am married to a beautiful, talented woman who also happens to be my best friend.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Denzel Washington and the Fisher House

A caller told the story of Denzel Washington touring a Fisher House facility and his writing a one million dollar check on the spot. This led to an appreciative conversation about Denzel Washington. Problem: The story isn't quite true. Mr. Washington DID donate money to the Fisher House cause, and is considered a generous contributor, but the million dollar figure comes from an announcement after his visit that was mistakenly thought to apply to Mr. Washington and has become an urban legend. (See: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/denzel.asp)

The good news is that Washington did donate and he is a heck of a good actor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home